top of page


At genie homes, we value our tenants and want you to be happy and comfortable in your new home.
Please use the resources on this page and if you need any help please get in touch.

Emergency get in touch.

Emergency? Report on property file now to access our 24 hour maintenance service.

Useful Links.

Pay Rent

If you are a tenant looking to pay your rent online, click the button below.

Property File

All tenants should install property file to help them. Click below to be taken to the property file page.

Report A Fault

If you have a fault to report the fastest way to let us know is on property file. Please click below now.

How to apply for a property.

How to rent from us.

Tenant FAQ

Tenant FAQ

What's the difference between Genie Homes and every other agent?

Compliance. This sets us FAR apart in the Birmingham Lettings market. We are yet to come across another agent in the West Midlands that fully understands the complexities of HMO compliance and management. Even then, knowing is one thing, but having the systems in place to effectively carry out your lawful duties is another. We take our responsibility seriously and cover all bases so that you don't have to. We will not take a property on that is not fully compliant, but we;ll help you get there.


Do not cut corners on compliance! It will end up costing you THOUSANDS. Make sure your agent has the right information displayed in your property, the right fire fighting equipment, the right testing rota in place and the right inspection procedures.


High Street agents simply cannot cover all this without hiring extra dedicated staff. Most do not even try.

Where is the best place in Birmingham to invest?

The truth is that there are a number of right answers. Different strategies work in different areas. There are areas suited to professional HMOs, areas suited to single lets, and areas suited to social housing. We can help point you in the right direction. Please use our contact page and tell us what strategy you are interested in.


Don't discount areas with a high concentration of HMOs. They can still provide great returns and are usually a long standing hub for young professional tenants.

Can I convert my single let property to an HMO?

Birmingham is now an Article 4 area, which means planning is needed for any conversion from C3 (residential home) to C4 (HMO). This is a recent change so get professional advice. Feel free to contact us, and we will guide you through the planning process and any other options you may have.


Currently Sandwell and Dudley are not Article 4, so you can convert your property according to building regs and the local council amenity standard.


In short, reach out for help if you are not 100% sure of the regulations.

Do I need planning to convert to Social Housing?

At the moment the answer is no. Social housing falls under planning class C3C and is exempt from planning.

You will still have to undergo a significant conversion in most cases, as the property needs to be up to HMO regulations, but Social Housing is definitely an option for those of you with properties in the Birmingham City Council area.

How and where do you advertise my properties?

We have a number of different online and off-line options for marketing your property. We use some or all of the following depending on the type of property your property advisor will discuss these options in more detail:

  • Right move

  • Zoopla

  • Spareroom

  • To Let Board

  • Local Advertsing

Our team of specialists are always happy to help.

What if there is a problem with my property?

We encourage all our tenants to use our online software, making logging maintenance issues as easy as possible along with having a dedicated maintenance line and 24hr call out for emergencies. All messages go directly to our maintenance manager. They will liaise with your property manager to ensure any works are carried out in accordance with your instructions.

How will my tenants pay their rent?

Our tenants have three options when it comes to paying their rent:

  • Standing order

  • Bank Transfer

In extreme cases where tenants may have banking issues, we take payment over Worldpay to ensure your rent is our number one priority.

Do you carry out regular inspections on my property?

Yes, your property manager will carry out quarterly inspections and send you a report on condition and outline any non – urgent but necessary repairs required on your property. You will be informed immediately if there are any urgent items needing attention.


Blog Genie

bottom of page